The day finally came for us to go to our first appointment. I could hardly sleep the night before I was so excited. This is the appointment where you are supposed to hear your baby's heart beat. Once we got in the appointment room, they did lots of tests. Most of them were painless... :) The nurse asked us a lot of questions that I had no idea how to answer. It made me realize just how much we didn't know and how much our lives are about to change!
The nurse then tried to hear the baby's heartbeat. She couldn't hear it so the doctor did a sonogram. Dan was able to see the heartbeat on the sonogram machine! Talk about a great birthday gift for Dan!!! The reason we weren't able to hear the heartbeat with the nurse was because I was only 9 weeks along rather than the 11 we originally thought.
We decided to wait awhile longer to tell friends and extended family. IT WAS KILLING US! The most important thing was that we have healthy baby with a heartbeat so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment