Welcome to the McElroy Family Blog. Here are stories of our crazy life. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

June 2008: Working while Prego

So, I have been posting a lot about our exciting showers and weekends and not so much about our everyday life. I have some fun stories that have occurred at work that I thought you might enjoy.

1. I finally have a full team! Joe and Lori joined PFG in May. They have been a great addition and it is so nice to have help!

2. Wal-Mart Meetings- I have had a couple big meetings since being very pregnant. We had one meeting with the Duncan Hines meeting where I presented the Baking Leadership study. This was a big presentation and we wanted to make sure that it went well. We came up with the code word "espresso" for if the meeting started to go poorly. If anyone mentioned "espresso", I was supposed to fake labor. Luckily, the meeting went well so there was not false labor! :)

3. Getting comfortable: I have tried several different ways to get comfortable while working. There is a tote under my desk that I use for a foot rest. At times, I can recline and put my key board on my belly. The worst part is that once I get comfortable, I almost always have to go to the bathroom!

4. Office full of men... Yes, with the exception of Lori and Cheryl, I work with men. It is fun to watch them through this process. Most of the time, they are amazed at how big I have gotten. I think they half expected me to deliver in May or June because of my big ol' belly. No, I am not having twins Sheldon! :) They have been very supportive though and even have offered to bring the tailgate trailer to the hospital when I am in labor. The scary thing is that I can see them actually doing it!

No comments: